第一章 总 则
第二章 条 件
第四章 权 利
第五章 义 务
第六章 管 理
第八章 附 则
Item OneThe Genuine Leather Mark (GLM) is a certification trademark（18th,20th,25th,27thCategory） registered in State Administration for Industry & Commerce and international trade organization, which insures the quality and aftersales service of leather, fur and products made from leather or fur. GLM is protected internationally.Eco-leather Mark and Eco-fur Mark are extended from GLM, refer to the title used for finished leather and fur (18thcategory trademark) that is qualified for the certification of GLM.
Item TwoTo protect the good fame of natural leather an fur in foreign and domestic market, to insist on the quality of natural leather, fur and products made from leather or fur that are provided in the market, to protect the rights of consumers and enterprises, to promote the concept of environment friendly leather and fur processing and products, and to provide high quality natural leather and fur for downstream industry, based onthe Regulations of Genuine Leather Mark (GLM), theRegulations on Eco-leather Mark and Eco-fur Markis established.
Chapter Two:Requirements for the Eco-leather Mark and Eco-fur Mark
Item ThreeCompanies registered in China with commitment of civil obligation and involved in producing or trading leather and fur can apply to use the Eco-leather Mark and Eco-fur Mark.
Item FourThe Eco-leather Mark and Eco-fur Mark should have the requirements as follows:
1. It should be genuine leather and fur;
2. It should meet state and industry quality standards, as well as relevant requirements and regulations in theSpecifications on Eco-leather Mark and Eco-fur Mark;
3. Cleaning technology are encouraged to be used in leather-making and fur-making, the harmful chemicals in finished leather and fur should under the requirements of theSpecifications on Eco-leather Mark and Eco-fur Mark;
4. The waste treatment should reach the relevant environmental protection requirement of the nation.
5. For the split leather with coating, the coating should be less than0.15mmand one third of total thickness of leather.
Item FiveCompany applying for Eco-leather Mark and Eco-fur Mark should possess following conditions:
1. Production history over five years;
2. Company should build management system in reference to GB/T19001 (ISO-9001) or GB/T24001 (ISO-14001) and operates effectively;
3. Effective aftersales service system;
4. Annual sales not less than RMB50 million;
5. Possess advanced processing technology and good testing equipments. The enterprises without testing equipments should establish long-term and stable cooperation with state or local testing authorities;
6. Environmental protection facilities should be complete and effective; sewage discharge should meet national or industrial standard;
7. Obey related laws strictly, and guarantee the workers’ rights, labor income, welfare, social security and healthy work environment;
8. Respect the intellectual property right of others and the right of consumers, and maintain the healthy market environment with fair competition.
Chapter Three: The Process of Applying for Eco-leather Mark and Eco-fur Mark
Item SixCompany applying for Eco-leather Mark and Eco-fur Mark should submit the application to China Leather Industry Association (CLIA), and fill in the form of "Application Table for Eco-leather Mark and Eco-fur Mark ".
Item SevenCompany applying for Eco-leather Mark and Eco-fur Mark should submit following documents and materials to CLIA together with ‘Application Table for Eco-leather Mark and Eco-fur Mark’:
1. One copy of industrial and commercial registration certificate;
2. One copy of trademark registration certificate;
3. Copies of testing reports of leather from the state or local testing authorities (effective within six months from testing date);
4. Copies of major award certificates, technological achievement certificates, and patent certificates respectively;
5. Copies of testing report of main leather and fur chemicals from chemicals trader or tannery and fur manufacturer such as chrome tanning agent, dyestuffs, and synthetic retanning agent;
6. Addresses and contact methods of five consumers at least;
7. Illumination of leather and fur manufacturing and sewage treatment technology;
8. One copy of certificate of ISO-9001 or ISO-14001 (if passed).
Item EightIndustry Department of CLIA shall make an examination to the supplied documents.
Item NineIf an application fails to pass documents examination, the company can be able to re-apply once within two months, and the company cannot apply again within one year if its second application still fails.
Item Ten The company, whose qualification of Eco-leather Mark and Eco-fur Mark is abolished by China Leather Industry Association, should go through rectification period for over one year and attain the requirements of theRegulations on Eco-leather Mark andEco-fur Markbefore reapplying for Eco-leather Mark and Eco-fur Mark. Two times of such applications are allowed at most for one company.
Item ElevenThe following work should be done by CLIA within three months since the application is received:
1. Documents examination that should be done by the Industry Department of CLIA;
2. TheIndustry Departmentwill organize or entrust experts to conduct on-the-spot examination to the company;
3. The materials of companies passed the documents examination and the on-the-spot examination will be sent to the CLIA, who will make a conclusion whether the company get the qualification of Eco-leather Mark and Eco-fur Mark;
4. The Industry Department will send the result to the applied tanneries and fur manufacturer and require them to:
(1) Sign the contract to use Eco-leather Mark and Eco-fur Mark, and transact relevant procedures;
(2) Take the certificate and seal;
5. After the company has signed the contract to use Eco-leather Mark and Eco-fur Mark, and completed other procedures, CLIA will make an announcement on the public media.
Chapter Four:Privileges of Eco-leather Mark and Eco-fur Mark
Item TwelveThe typeface of Eco-leather Mark and Eco-fur Mark, and seal can be used on trade of the corresponding leather, which is protected by law.
Item ThirteenCLIA takes the responsibility to harmonize and arbitrate on disputes about the technology and the quality of leather and fur honored Eco-leather Mark and Eco-fur Mark, and CLIA accepts any complaints from customers about Eco-leather and Eco-fur.
Item FourteenThe Eco-leather and Eco-fur companies have the priority to take part in any domestic and overseas activities for economic, trading and technology organized or coor-ganized by CLIA.
Item FifteenThe Eco-leather Mark and Eco-fur Mark can be certifying of the leather and fur quality in any domestic and overseas economic, trading and technological activities.
Item SixteenThe companies honored Eco-leather Mark and Eco-fur Mark have priority to take part in any activities involved in GLM and get all services from CLIA.
Item SeventeenCLIA will collect the information of quality and sales for the leather and fur honored Eco-leather Mark and Eco-fur Mark, and feeds back the information to those companies after analysis, which will be released by CLIA to the public media to broaden the influence of companies and their finished leather and fur, honored Eco-leather Mark and Eco-fur Mark.
Item EighteenEvery authorized company have an unique eco-leather code and mark, the typeface of Eco-leather Mark and its mark can be printed on the package of finished leather gaining qualification of Eco-leather Mark,and it is the same rules for Eco-fur companies.
Item NineteenThe leather and fur products can be explained that they are made by Eco-leather Mark and Eco-fur Mark if the leather and fur products do be completely made by Eco-leather Mark and Eco-fur Mark,.
Chapter Five: Obligation of Eco-leather Mark and Eco-fur Mark
Item TwentyThe companies which get the qualification of Eco-leather Mark and Eco-fur Mark should print on the package ‘Eco-leather Mark’ and ‘Eco-fur Mark’ for the top-layered leather and fur, and ‘ Eco-leather Mark split leather’ which can be distinguished from top-layered leather.
Item Twenty-oneThe trademark and the finished leather used Eco-leather Mark should be the same as that of application. The company will have to reapply based on theItem Sixif the trademark of leather honored Eco-leather Mark change. The company must transact the mark-extension if the leather with different trademark apply to CLIA for using Eco-leather Mark according to relevant rules made by CLIA,and it is the same rules for Eco-fur companies.
Item Twenty-twoCompanies which are using the Eco-leather Mark and Eco-fur Mark should accept the inspections from CLIA, including the inspections of leather and fur quality, enterprise management systems and after-sales service. Cost spent during inspection is charged by CLIA.
Item Twenty-threeCompanies honored Eco-leather Mark and Eco-fur Mark have the following responsibilities:
1. The production and examination of leather and fur should match the relevant national standard, the industry standard, and the standard of theInspections on Eco-leather Mark and Eco-fur Mark;
2. The figures and documents controlling the quality of the Eco-leather and Eco-fur Mark should be kept on file;
3. The companies using Eco-leather Mark and Eco-fur Mark, and the distributors should take joint responsibility for after sales services;
4. Eco-leather and Eco-fur companies should cooperate with CLIA to deal with the leather testing and supervise the usage of Eco-leather Mark in leather products factories.
Item Twenty-fourSpecial person in charge of Eco-leather Mark and and Eco-fur Mark, who is put on records in CLIA, should be arranged, and this person is committed by the CLIA to make use of the mark and ensure that it is not out of control, misappropriated or taken away.
Item Twenty-fiveThe eco-leather and eco-fur mark is the only identification to Eco-leather Mark and Eco-fur Mark.
Item Twenty-sixCompanies must not fabricate Eco-leather mark and Eco-fur Mark themselves, and cannot transfer, sell and give the mark to anyone else.
Item Twenty-sevenEco-leather and Eco-fur companies should supervise and cooperate with the consumers to reflect the usage of Eco-leather Mark and Eco-fur Mark in the leather and fur products and should not make exaggerating or false advertisement.
Chapter Six: Management of the Eco-leather Mark and Eco-fur Mark
Item Twenty-eightThe GLM managing system, which includes Industry Departmentand Inspection Commission, is built in CLIA. The system takes responsibility for controlling and managing the work of Eco-leather Mark and Eco-fur Mark.
Item Twenty-nineCLIA is the supreme organization for approving and making policies governing the Eco-leather Mark and Eco-fur Mark. CLIA takes responsibility for writing and revising the “Specifications on Eco-leather Mark and Eco-fur Mark” and “regulations on Eco-leather Mark and Eco-fur Mark” and other regulations, and assessing applying companies' qualification for using the Eco-leather Mark and Eco-fur Mark, CLIA is also responsible for investigating cases of the fake mark and other problems.
Item ThirtyThe Industry Departmentis the organization responsible for routine work of the Eco-leather Mark and Eco-fur Mark, and carries out the CLIA’s decisions and routine work of Eco-leather Mark and Eco-fur Mark, including examination, consultation, document management, inspection, and usage of Eco-leather Mark and Eco-fur Mark, etc.. This office also solves disputes and other problems on Eco-leather Mark and Eco-fur Mark, and organizes overall examinations to the Eco-leather and Eco-fur companies, and reconfirmation of the qualification of the Eco-leather and Eco-fur companies will be done within triennium.
Item Thirty-oneThe Inspection Commission, based on related national and leather industry standards and “specifications on Eco-leather Mark and Eco-fur Mark”, processes examination, arbitration and consultation of Eco-leather Mark and Eco-fur Mark.
Item Thirty-twoCLIA will entrust the local departments to organize specialists to examine the applying companies, and the specialist must belonged to the inspection commission of GLM. CLIA takes responsibility for the qualification and training of the specialists.
Item Thirty-threeThe authoritative leather and fur testing centers at home and overseas are entrusted by CLIA to carry out the examination of common physical and chemical indexes and special four chemical indexes. CLIA is responsible to make out the quality controlling and testing plan on Eco-leather Mark and Eco-fur Mark.
Item Thirty-fourFor assuring "scientificity, justness and authority" of the Eco-leather Mark and Eco-fur Mark, a comprehensive supervision system is formed by the relevant departments and other social circles.
Chapter Seven:Protection Measurement of Eco-leather Mark and
Item Thirty-fiveThe Eco-leather Mark and Eco-fur Mark is protected by law, and anyone or companies who counterfeit it will prosecuted by CLIA, and anyone who gives evidence will get the reward from CLIA.
Item Thirty-sixAnyone or companies who use the counterfeit Eco-leather Mark and Eco-fur Mark, legal action should be employed to them by the State Administration for Industry & Commerce base on "Law of Trade Mark".
Item Thirty-sevenIf Eco-leather and Eco-fur company violates the regulations of "Law of the Products Quality", CLIA will stop the agreement with the company to use Eco-leather Mark and Eco-fur Mark.
Item Thirty-eightIf company using Eco-leather Mark and Eco-fur Mark violates the regulations ofChapter Five, CLIA will make the inspection forcefully, cancel the agreement on Eco-leather Mark and Eco-fur Mark or even take legal action.
Chapter Eight: Supplement.
Item Thirty-ninePayment standard for Eco-leather Mark and Eco-fur Mark is made out by CLIA, and is implemented by the Industry Department.
Item FortyPayment for the Eco-leather Mark and Eco-fur Mark is mainly used for the inspections, consulting, supervision and examination of leather honored Eco-leather Mark and Eco-fur Mark, handling complaints and investigating cases about the Eco-leather Mark and Eco-fur Mark, and promoting the Eco-leather Mark and Eco-fur Mark, protecting the reputation of the Eco-leather Mark and Eco-fur Mark, and the rights of companies and consumers. The income and expenditure of Eco-leather Mark and Eco-fur Mark is supervised by the national financial and tax department.
Item Forty-oneThe normal inspection method on Eco-leather Mark and Eco-fur Mark is made out by CLIA, and is put in practice by Industry Department.
Item Forty-twoBased on theChapter Six, CLIA standardize scientific inspection program to support key tanneries and carry out strategy of famous brand, which is implemented by Industry Department.
Item Forty-threeRegulations on Eco-leather Mark and Eco-fur Markis instituted by CLIA, and is approved by the State Administration for Industry & Commerce.
Item Forty-fourCLIA takes the responsibilities for explaining this regulation.
1.When China Leather Industry Association registered the certification trademark of Genuine Leather Mark(GLM) in State Administration for Industry & Commerce in 1994, the certification trademark covered genuine leather and fur, therefore they are within the category of GLM and used this trademark.
2. Eco-Leather Mark and Eco-fur Mark, which is extended from Genuine Leather Mark, refers to the title used for finished leather and fur that is qualified for the certification of Genuine Leather Mark. Eco-leather Mark and Eco-fur Mark stresses the environment protection of tannery and fur manufacturer, and the healthy performance of finished leather and fur. In addition to essential qualifications for the Genuine Leather Mark, the leather and fur must meet state and industry quality standards, as well as relevant requirements and regulations in theSpecifications on Eco-leather Mark and Eco-fur Mark, which address the four special chemical indexes of the leather industry related to environment (hexavalent chrome, prohibited azo dyes, pentachlorophenol and formaldehyde).
3.Regulations of Genuine Leahter Mark(GLM)definitely regulated that GLM products include leather, fur and products made from leather or fur. According to theItem Forty-FiveofRegulations of Genuine Leather Mark(GLM),Regulations on Eco-leather Markand Eco-fur Markare formulated to set out concrete regulations on Eco-leather Mark and Eco-fur Mark, which is served as the supplementary file ofRegulations of Genuine Leather Mark(GLM).